 |
| just hangin' at Grammy's |
 |
Girls night! We made spa things - scrubs, lip stuff, etc. Some stuff turned out better than others ;) |
 |
And of course the night had to include nail painting. (Clara always picks pink) |
 |
This kid comes up with the best outfits. But he was a stinker with the sharpie. Ruined that shirt and caused some damage to my carpet, new leather couch, counters, dishwasher, cups, etc. etc. etc. I was NOT happy. Especially since the kid knows better. Honestly though, it could have been worse. We got a lot of the stains out. Whew! Thank goodness for hairspray! |
 |
| always love a good tea party! |
 |
this was a shower for Landon's new bride-to-be. Loved that little desert table! |
 |
| Sunday afternoon reading |

We did a LOT of reading this summer. The kids wanted to go to the library every week to pick their prizes. (And sometimes they went dressed like Erik. Yikes.) I was always hoping they'd pick a book as a prize, but that was rare. The 2 liter soda was the definite favorite. Or the candy bars. Clara liked anything Frozen related at first (got a cute lunch box and stickers), but after watching the big kids eat all that candy in the van, she switched to food too. Our children's librarian moved this summer. Miss Jana and I became good friends and she was always so sweet to the kids. We'll miss her. All the kids earned Bee's tickets, pencils, books, State Fair tickets, etc. Sadly, we didn't use all of those things (mostly because we were out of town) but I thought the kids did a great job.
Fun at the Wilkinson's family property (for an Ogden Medical Society family BBQ)
 |
| Clara had enough! |
 |
| Caboose! |
 |
Look who gets the train engineer job! (dreams come true!) |
Fun date for the girls to the Olympic Park with Uncle Jake
 |
They had a wonderful time! What a fun and thoughtful uncle! |
 |
| this was one AWESOME play! |
 |
lip sync concentration (during one of our many Saturday basement cleaning days) |
 |
| Gorgeous day at Snowbird |
 |
| Clara says she LOVES hiking! Hmmm... wonder why? ;) |
 |
I love these little hikers! And the big one! |
 |
| yep, this is the best attempt at getting the whole family in the picture |
We took the gondola up the mountain, hiked a bit, and enjoyed the gorgeousness of Utah's mountains. The boys wanted to walk through the Peruvian Tunnel. But Clara and Erik weren't tall enough to ride the chair lift down. So we split up and I took the boys through the tunnel. Which was way cooler than I thought it would be. It was kinda museum-y. The boys didn't care about that part at all. But I thought all the pictures of them building the tunnel and other Snowbird skiing history was pretty interesting. The hike down to the tunnel was beautiful - lots of lovely red wildflowers. But I asked the boys if they could see them and they both said no. Being colorblind would sort of stink. :(
The only sad part of our trip down was that while we were riding on the chairlift, a big gust of wind came up and off went Cole's Yankee's hat. :(
Gorgeous day though!
No comments:
Post a Comment