6 little feet

6 little feet

Wednesday, July 5, 2017

CMM 2017


Mom and Dad were in charge of planning CMM this year.  And we did my mom's favorite activity...camping!  hahaha!  She did throw in a few patriotic programs and that actually IS her favorite thing.  First one...Sunday night.  Austin took part by singing I Love America.

We surprised my mom with a slideshow of pics for her 60th birthday, (which is in Aug, but we wanted Lace and Mark to be there). 

And then off to the campground early Monday morning...
George found a rattlesnake right off the bat.  It was curled up at the base of a tree.  He's such an animal spotter!  Of course, I was not happy about this discovery.  We were deciding between two campgrounds and the snake-free one won.  I'm not sure that was the deciding factor (I think it was the rope swing) but it made me happy for sure.




 Check out how DIRTY everyone is...ha!  Part of the fun of camping for sure!


I think this boy might win the "Pig Pen" award :)

 George worked a lot that weekend.  Mostly that meant he left before bedtime and missed morning stuff, getting back sometime before lunch.  Not the easiest thing for both of us.  But... that's how it goes.  In my head, I was a bit whiny about all this extra work for me.  Which probably meant I whined to George too.  I feel like I am sorta decent about his "always on" schedule, but occasionally I break.  And if I remember correctly, this was a breaking month for me.  Sometimes I want ALL of him present, which does not include a phone.  I get a perspective change when I remind myself that he is helping people.  And I'd rather be solo than be the people with sick little babies.  *sigh*  And I must say, HE rarely complains.  In fact, I think he was rather thrilled to leave and sleep in a nice soft bed.  ha!



Boys loved making dust storms

Can you see the hammock girls at the end?
 There they are...and they were thrilled!






Sticks are the best toy ever!

 Program #2 featured Gracie and Lucy on ukulele, patriotic hymn singing, and excellent "sons of liberty" presentations by the men folk.

George played George Washington of course
Chris won best dressed for sure as Paul Revere



We did some 4th of July celebrations in Grantsville (details here), but the big event of the week was Chloe's sealing to Mark and Lacey.  She was in foster care with them for over a year and then approved to be adopted!  Once that waiting period was over, they could take her to the temple and unite her with their family FOREVER.  It was such a special day.  I'll always remember her big blue eyes looking around at everyone, her asking Lindsay if her tears were "happy ones", and showing off her white pumps.  Elise made her a pearl bracelet and she was thrilled with that too. It has been a long road for Mark and Lace, but what a little sweetheart!  This little Chloe has some spice (probably good or else her crazy fun brothers would torture her!), loves girly things, and is so loveable (jumps right into your arms when she sees you).  So glad things are now "official".



I got to play photographer afterwards.  Lots of fun!
Everyone has to have one of these nose pics :)
Sure love my sis!
Her faith is inspiring!


No comments: