6 little feet

6 little feet

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

2010 Year in Review

Every year, I make two scrapbook pages to document our year. We give it to my parents as part of their Christmas gift. This was my sis-in-law Lindsay's great idea. My parents love it and its fun to look back at everyone's pages through the years. A couple years ago we started it for Geo's mom too (her birthday is in January) as her birthday present. These are the only scrapbook pages I make all year so it always takes me longer than it should. Usually we use our "Christmas letter" to get it started, but this year we decided to skip the letter. We couldn't think of much to say and then I started looking through our pictures of 2010 and it brought back lots of good memories. So, here's a year-end synopsis for the Tripp's. And if you are one of those people who sees or talks to us regularly, just skip the whole thing and save yourself a little boredom.

January: had a fabulous time with some of my cousins on a Caribbean cruise
February: Austin (finally) learns to walk at 15 months. Trip to UT to say "goodbye" to Uncle Benji as he left on his mission.
February & June: George's Grandpa Harden and Grandma Tripp passed away. We felt very blessed to "happen" to be in UT at those times and could attend the funerals
May: Kimi meets her mom in Kansas as a little surprise trip to visit Lacey. PARTY!!! Girls weekend!!
May: Spunky little Elise turns 2. One week later she splits her ear open and takes her first visit to the E.R. to get it stitched up.
March-June: listed our house on the market, sold (April) and packed up our stuff. Said "good-bye" to many dear friends in San Antonio. :(
July: Kimi and the kids vacationed in Utah while George "worked" (a.k.a. "learned to
scuba dive") in Hawaii
end of July: Family reunited in Hawaii! From then on, it has been lots of trips to the beach. :)
Year-round: Austin's and Elise's job as tag team mess-makers and Kimi's never-ending projects. (this time I took a Hawaiian quilting class)
August: Sweet Lucy starts Kindergarten, turns 5, and quickly becomes a great reader. She is a very helpful big sister too.
Fall: Great news! Tripp child #4 is on the way!
October: happy to have Jake and grandma and grandpa visit
November: more fun visitors! Grandma and grandpa then Greg, Lindsay and Cannon
November: Fun Austin turns 2! He is a happy child who loves "reading" books and playing with anything with wheels.

----------
These are the pages for Grandma Liz's book.
My parents pages look very similar, but with a few different pictures from "Cole events." Here is the collage I made it from and you'll notice lots of duplicates. As I sorted through all the pictures, Austin was definitely the one who had changed the most... going from a chubby-cheeked baby to a little boy.

5 comments:

Liz said...

I am so grateful that I get pages too. Thanks again for starting it as my birthday gift. There's nothing I would like better.

Kevin and Kristen said...

Very cute idea! I love the pictures of all of your kiddos. I have needed to complete Kimmy's scrapbook, and so last night went through all of her 1st year pictures. Fortunately, I only do a scrapbook for the babies 1st year, otherwise, it would have been kind of expensive with all of the pictures I had to order. I wanted to go through the picture back in time and give her kisses. Can't believe how fast those 2008 babies grew up!

Ben & Carly said...

have I told you what a great mom I think you are? yeah probably only every time...but I do. today as I was not so gently tugging my child through the store I thought of that poem you shared, it was a good reminder. congratulations on the new baby coming! I'm so happy for you! and more than slightly jealous that you are in that warm beautiful place, it is unbelievably cold here!

Jamie said...

Oh, Kimberli! I love your pages! You stay so busy and are such an example to so many. Matt's mom has a similar tradition with the pages and she asks for them each year, I'm embarrassed to say that I have this year AND last years sitting right here waiting for me to get to them, yikes! :) You've motivated me to get them done tonight. Your pages look great! It's amazing how quickly the time passes.

I hope you're doing great, your recipe for soup sounds delicious! I'm going to add it to our menu in the upcoming weeks. :)

Lacey said...

This was fun to see!!!! I don't know when I will be able to see mom's page so I'm glad you posted this.