4-H Cloverbud Camp:
Austin & Cole: first we made yarn dols. We played with play-doh. We made rockits We had snacks. my favorite was rockits .
4-H Summer Camp:
Elise:
I loved 4-H Summer Camp. We went kayaking. We played fun games. I loved it.
Activity Day Camp:

Lucy: This was my last year going to activity days camp. I thought it was way better than the stake camp that was 2 years ago. They did way more activities than just talks. It was themed Alice in
Wonderland. Also based on President Monson's talk: Why our choices matter. The first thing we did was paint hats like the mad hatter They had sponges shaped like flowers and I thought that would be cute, but they didn't work so well for me. So then I just painted the whole brim pink. The next thing we went to was how to make healthy choices. The exercise part they told us that exercise was a good way to keep your body healthy. They had a paper with the alphabet and exercises next to the letter ex. A-10 push-ups all the way through Z. Then we spelled our name out with the exercises. The food part of that she showed us the food pyramid and we guessed what was in each category. She told us that eating healthy foods was a good way to be healthy. Then we went to a station about choices in general (I think). We had 2 trash cans and divided up into 2 teams, red and blue. She gave us each a paper plate with a stick on it that you could touch the balloon with. You tried to get all of your teams balloons in the bucket. The other team could try to stop you. My team won because we had two people hold a balloon between their plate and just walk with it. The other section of that station was where they had a bucket with slips of paper in it. Everyone chose one and they all said different things. One example was if you chose to fight with your sister you got lemon juice. If you were a peace maker you got lemonade, and stuff like that. Then we had lunch which was sandwiches, chips, grapes, and juice. The last station we all got into partners and each made a bracelet. They were for Moms whose baby had died. One bracelet for the mom, one to put on the baby. It was fun to do a service like that for someone. That's it. I had fun.
![]() |
| Elise: I loved going to Activity days day camp. It was so fun to panet our very oune hat.I also loved making braselits for a mother and her baby how died. It was so fun. |
Scout Day Camp:
Austin:first we did archery.then we did art then we had lunch.we also did natrue,boats and be-be guns.my favorite was be-be guns.
This is me crossing a rope bridge.
4-H Robotics Camp:
Austin & Cole: Lego robotics was so fun.You just had to build something,create a program and push play and it comes to life.We started with Milo,a simple robot.Then we did the life cycle of a frog.
![]() |
| came home with 2 boxes of legos - fun! |
Girls Camp: Lucy: I had lots of fun at girls camp. We went to camp Darby in Driggs, Idaho. We stopped at the Idaho temple on the way there.The first day we unpacked and then did a challenge course that was at the camp. It wasn't a ropes course though. It was fun and hard. Like one there was a log and we all stood on it randomly. Then we had to rearrange ourselves, tallest to shortest without anyone stepping off the log. Stuff like that.
On Tuesday, we got up at 6 and went to Jackson Hole. We split up into 2 groups and one went horseback riding while the other went whitewater rafting. I went on the horses first. We got there and it was beautiful, but we could see some clouds. We then split up into groups of 5. When we got to the top of this hill that we went up, it was BEAUTIFUL! We were having our guide take our picture when it started to storm. Then, it started to hail. The horses were all spooked. It was so scary! The hail was so hard, one of the laurels that was in my group had welts on her arms. Our group had the worst of it, because we were on top of the hill when it happened. Our leader from the horse place got bucked off of his horse. Our leader form our church jumped off and started to help the other beehive off her horse. While she was over helping her, i was just praying over and over that we would all be ok. Then, she came over to me and tried to grab the horse's rope. The horse didn't want her to grab the rope and bucked a little and I almost fell off. But then she grabbed the rope and I got off safely. Then, we all got in a group and huddled behind the horses. We said a prayer and I felt so comforted that I started to cry. I then knew that I'd be ok. Then the sun came out and we started walking back. Halfway down, we jumped on again and rode the rest of the way. We then learned that one of the beehives had gotten bucked off in a different group. She had anxiety and was kind of freaking out. The guy who had gotten bucked off in our group had had hip surgery recently and had landed on it. He was having trouble walking. So that was kind of crazy.
We met up with the other half of the YW and had lunch which was really good. I had steak. I think that we had a package that came with the horses, the rafting, and lunch. When we went rafting, it was really good weather the whole time. Plus we had wet suits on so we were not that cold. The river was pretty high ( it had gotten to almost record a month before) and so the rapids were super good. The picture is of lunch counter, normally the biggest. It was like 4 or 5 big waves in a row. After that, there was another one that had 8 big waves in a row so I thought that one was the best. We went back and had dinner and then had s'mores over the fire. We also tried cinnamon rolls over the fire but they turned out doughy on the inside and crust on the outside.
On Wednesday, we got up at 5:30 to go on a hike. The older girls went earlier than us. It was 6 miles round trip. The picture is right before the top where we met up with the other girls. It was really pretty up there. There was the small water fall that you can see and 2 other huge ones that were farther away. At the top there was a monument. Our guide told us the story that went along with it. There was a lds group of 40 hiking this hike and when they got to the top, it started to storm. They saw lightning and went to a grove of trees that looked about the same height. They didn't see one that was taller than the rest. This group had one priesthood holder with them named Frank (I think). Lightning struck that tree and hit everyone. The 4 closest to the tree were killed instantly. Frank was the first to get up and saw that he had been thrown 40 ft. He could tell because his bag was 40 ft away. His right arm couldn't move. He started to try and wake up the girl next to him. Then, he had the impression to start in the middle. So he did. The 4 that were closest couldn't be helped. So he went a little farther out. The next 4 had severe burns and died within an hour. The next few were badly burned but he got them breathing. By then some girls had woken up and started helping him. Later he said that the girls who knew first aid helped the best by far. One girl started crying and he grabbed her arm and said cry later. Now you need to keep this girl alive. And she did. He sent the three healthiest girls down the mountain to get help. 3 hours later. Leaders came up with food and blankets. 5 hours later some men came with horses to help. Everyone got down the mountain safely except for those 8 people. As he finished this story. It starts raining and we can see lightning. It was so scary. We all went down the mountain as quickly as possible. We had been told to bring a poncho and I had one. Other people just had a sweat shirt. They were drenched by the end. We all got back safely from that. Then we had like 3 hours of free time before dinner. After dinner, we did the faith walk. They blindfolded us and we held onto a rope (iron rod) and walked through the woods, basically. I slipped one time on a steep hill, but with some help from leaders, stood back up. At the end, we were all sitting around a campfire and we had testimony meeting. I really felt the spirit. One girl said that it was a huge comfort knowing that we all had our Book of Mormon with us on the hike. That was true. We all went to bed that night and quickly fell asleep. We got up in the morning, packed and started on the 4 hour drive back. That's it!
4-H Quilt Camp:
Elise:
sowing class is so fun. I love to sow beaus it is so cool. My last day was the werst day beaus I accidentally sowed my finger. It rely hert. But besides that my sowing class was so fun! 
Lucy: I had fun at quilting camp. I really liked the fabric that I had. We chained the squares, which made it a lot faster. But, that made it so it got tangled easily so we had a couple problems with that. I still haven't tied it yet because we missed the last day, but whatever. The most annoying part was when you found where you just barely sewed the cloth and you have to do it again. I had about 5 of those. But, I really look forward to this camp. This was the second time I've done it. I felt like I improved.



















No comments:
Post a Comment