6 little feet

6 little feet

Monday, May 26, 2008

Its Official!

Elise April Tripp
has joined our family!

After lots of signing for both parties in different rooms, we met up with Roger and April and visited for a bit. They told us things they'd learned about Elise as they took care of her in the hospital... little habits and tendencies. We gave some remembrance gifts and then it came time for April to pass her to us.


tiny Elise in the carseat


By the time we picked up Lucy, the whole family was pretty tired. Every time Elise cried, Lucy would run in and see what the matter was and cry a little herself. Once Lucy fell asleep, she didn't hear anything else. So far, Elise has slept a lot and is a good little eater. She is a beautiful baby.

We decided on the middle name April to honor her birth mom. We have grown to love April more and more the better we've come to know her. On Saturday night, World War III broke out with her family and her grandma basically disowned her... said she can't go back to the house or speak to her. I think that will pass eventually, but my heart aches for April with all she's had to go through in addition to the emotions of adoption. She has been one tough gal and Roger (birth dad) and Brad (social worker) have basically been her only support. We are so grateful to Roger and April for their unselfish, loving gift and for the wonderful people they are.
Posted by Picasa

16 comments:

Lori Clark said...

I'm glad everything has worked out and you have such a beautiful addition to your family, I can't think of better parents and it looks like she has a wonderful big sister. Congrats again.

Natalie Que said...

How exciting! Congratulations! We are so happy for you. This is so crazy, but I think she seriously actually looks like your daughter. She is going to fit right in. Congrats again, and good luck with your new baby.

Christine said...

I am so excited for you! I cannot believe how fast it has gone (well, for me anyway). She is beautiful, and I cannot wait to meet her! Congrats Kimberli, George, Lucy and baby Elise!

Diane said...

I'm so happy for you :) Your family is so beautiful. Thanks for keeping me posted with your blogs. Elise is very lucky to have you as a family :)

Kevin and Kristen said...

She is such a pretty baby! We are so happy for all of you, and she has a wonderful family who have so much love to give. What a little blessing for all of you.

Jenni said...

I am so happy everything worked out for you guys. What a strong woman April is. I know from seeing family members who have had to make the hard decision of adoption they usually cannot make that hard decision without the complete support of their family. The fact she did it is really incredible. It shows that she really understands what is best for your sweet Elise! Congratulations!!!
p.s that picture of your two girls is really precious.

Windy said...

Congratulations!! she is such a doll :) I am so excited for you!!! best of luck,
Windy
P.S. what color is her room?

Jen said...

Kimberli! She is adorable! I am so happy for your sweet little family!
Jen

Kao said...

She is beautiful! Congratulations. How exciting for you guys. She is so blessd to be loved by many and to have joined such a wonderful family.

The Wyatt's said...

Congratulations! I don't know what it is about adoption stories but it just makes me want to cry (happy tears). What a lucky little baby to have such an unselfish birth mom that was strong enough to do what is best for her baby. It sounds like Lucy loves her so much already. It will be fun for you to watch the bond that your daughters will make as sisters. Congrats again! She is beautiful!

Heather said...

Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful story and adorable little girl with us. Her name is perfect. Congratulations!!

Lacey said...

CONGRATS!!! How exciting! I can't wait to see her in real life.

Jen Giorgis said...

I am so absolutely excited for you guys. She is beautiful and looks like she fits right in. We are just waiting on approval of our paper work so hopefully we'll be in your shoes in not too long. Isn't adoption just the greatest thing ever? I am so greatful for the unselfishness of these birthmothers to be willing to bless our lives, and their babies. Congratulations! I'll keep an eye out for new pictures;)

The Tufts said...

Hooray! Elise is so beautiful and so blessed. Congratulations and way to go to all of you for making it. Good luck and have fun loving that new baby.

The Allred Family said...

Congratulations! We are so excited for you guys. She is a beautiful baby and Lucy seems to love her already! Again, we are so happy for you!
Aaron and Katie

Sharon said...

Congratulations you guys! She is so adorable and sweet. I forget how small they start out....they grow so fast! You are going to be wonderful parents for her and Lucy seems like she has the big sister thing down already. I think it is so sweet that you used April for the middle name. Can't wait to see her...hopefully we're in Utah at the same time someday....!