Since then, he's had lots of "bonding" comments...
A: I can't find my new toy from the happy meal.
me: I can't find my phone.
A: Hey! We're bonding! We're both looking for things we lost.
--------------
After we watered the plants,
me; Did you like watering the plants with me?
A: Yes!... Hey we bonded!
me: Yep.
A: That is the first time you've bonded with me ever.
me: No it's not!
A: Ok. It's the second. The first time was when we lost things together.
---------------
In the parking lot, Austin picked up a plumeria off the ground and handed it to me (then Cole followed his lead). Sweet, right?
A: I picked that for you because I know you like them.
me: Did you know that girls like to get flowers from boys? Especially when it's from their handsome sons! It makes them happy.
A: (big grin that suddenly fades) Hey, Elise told me that all boys stink.
me: No, she's wrong. Not all boys.
A: Just parent-size boys?
me: No. Just boys that don't take a shower.
Big grin returns. :)
---------------
"Cole, let's go running through the countryside!"
---------------
We had some of Lucy's friends over to play in the water outside. George walked out to the lanai and said, "Maia, time to come in and change. Hula is in a few minutes." Maia didn't do anything and after a minute Austin said, "Hey, Maia! Your dad said it's time to change."
Maia: "That wasn't my dad! That was YOUR dad."
Austin: (long pause) "Oh yeah! It sure is my dad!"
---------------
Austin wanted to hold Erik. After a few minutes, he called me in from the kitchen and said, "Hey mom! I have a great song about the family!" I asked him to sing it again for video and it was pretty good, but the first time was my favorite!
background: Austin is REALLLLLLLLLY slow getting dressed. He zones out a lot and often comes out wearing nothing but a smile after 20 minutes of "getting dressed." George sent everyone upstairs to change into PJ's. The girls had been downstairs for quite a while. George said it was time for prayer, so everyone knelt down and George called up to Austin: "Austin, the whole family is waiting for you!"
A: I'm not ready!
G: Well I'm counting to 10 and you better get down here!
A: (in alarm) NO!!! Count to 150!
G: 1.......2.........
A: Please tell me you're joking!
G: 3.......4......
A: PLEASE tell me you're JOKING!
--------------
"Mom, I will love you FOREVER" (big smile with a thumbs up!)
5 comments:
I laughed my head off at the "please tell me your joking" I'm still laughing about it. Such a kimi thing to say :) Love it!
The whole blog is hilarious! Grandma Cindy should be pleased he understood what she said about "bonding" so well. What fun! We love you, Austin.
Oh this post just makes me laugh! I'm glad Austin can spread such happiness without even trying. He's such a funny kid!
I don't remember seeing the song the last time I looked at this. Austin, that is a great song!
Sounds like the family is keeping you busy.......and busy takes on a new meaning when trying to get five of them all in the same place!!! (I still have that problem, and I'm OLD!!!)
Post a Comment