I think our surf instructor's name was Vinny, but even if it's not, that will be his name now. :) Anyway, Vinny gave us some lessons on land. We were laughing at how serious he was and how quick he was flying through things.
Lacey: "So, are you going to repeat any of this?"
Vinny: "No. And we haven't even covered 10% of it." ha!
We practiced getting up and then we paddled out. We paddled from the Hale Koa to the Royal Hawaiian and I was dying. It takes a lot of back muscles to paddle and I felt like I didn't have any. The camera guy Nick had to give me a boost. It was really embarrassing but I was getting left in the dust. (Paddling was definitely the worst part for me.)
We FINALLY got out to the spot with the waves and Vinny would tell us when a good wave was coming and then yell at us, "GET UP!" Lacey caught her first wave and I caught my second. It was so exciting! We caught several more before our time was up. And by the time we were an hour in the water, we were exhausted. So fun!
| Catch a wave |
| Lacey looked like a pro in no time! |
3 comments:
Wow...didn't know I had surfer girl daughters. Sure glad the sharks didn't get you. I am proud of you two being so adventuresome. I am a chicken, I would have been watching from the beach. Way to go.
I am so-o-o impressed, too. You both look great! What fun times. Can't wait to see you.
Between our fears of being eaten by sharks and not being able to swim well enough, I'd say it turned out to be a big success! What a great day!!
Post a Comment