6 little feet

6 little feet

Saturday, April 1, 2017

Spring Break in PC

Day 1 of Spring Break was spent Jumping around at the Classic Fun Center and Day 2 was the Aquarium.  Remember, I got a nasty version of strep throat?  Well...our great friends from our San Antonio days were coming in Saturday morning.  And I had already booked the Mountainside Marriott in Park City.  Too late to cancel.  So we stuck with our plans and went up Friday afternoon.  And I kept going back and forth to the bed.  I had been two days on antibiotics so I wasn't contagious anymore, I just felt yucky.  But I must say, I still thought it was fun to getaway for a little staycation.  I love that fancy Marriott so when it's a good deal, gotta snag it!  (they should pay me for this advertising ;) ).
lots of time spent in the pool and the game room
(Cole is my best competition in chess, but gets bored with it about half way through)
In the morning, George headed off to the hospital to take care of new babies.  And we went to the donut shop across the street, Little Donuts.  Each child picked two flavors and we had quite the mix (but a lot of them included some sort of gummy thing - sharks, frogs, butterflies, etc).



fav pic of the trip...love these cuties!
(and I might need 6 different colored chairs in my house...love it!  But they'd fight over the color of
chair like they do with the color of bowl.  Never mind.)
 Couldn't get my bookends to fit in the picture, so I had to get one from each side.

And my body was done.  Back to the hotel and back to the bed.  Then to the whirlpool tub where I watched part of General Conference.  Man, I'm sold!  That was how I should watch conference every time.  Except I can't take notes...ha!

And then... the Kim's came into town!  Yay!  It was so great to see them and hug them and talk about how much the kids have grown (like old people do ;)).  George got back about the same time, so we geared everyone up and headed out to the Gorgoza Sledding Park.  The Kim's were hoping to do a lot of snow activities, which is a big thing in Utah.  But... our snow melted.  Park City had some since it is higher elevation, but I was worried they would come all this way and be disappointed.  However, we had enough for what we wanted to do and it wasn't crowded, so that was great.  We'd never been to a "pay" tubing hill and the kids thought it was pretty nice to be towed up the mountain.  It was a warm day so the coats were thrown off in the first run.
 (Some of these great pics are from Wendy...thank you!)
these two became fast friends!

same with these two!
and these two...well...they go waaaayyyyy back!
 Erik and Clara didn't last long (didn't bring them good boots.  No fun when your feet are cold).  They've been sledding on regular hills, but didn't meet the height requirements here so they had to go around on this merry-go-round thing, which was ok for a while and then they got a little antsy.

 Ate at Billy Blanco's... motor themed restaurant.  Boys thought this was especially cool.  We were all starving and tired, but little Eulee topped us all by falling asleep right at the table, even mid quesadilla bite!  ha!

Time for a rest again, but not for the kids.  The Kim kids had been since like 4am to catch a flight, but they were still going strong.  They played games while us wimpy adults rested and then, back to the pool!

pool showing of Wreck-It Ralph
We ended our Park City stay with a visit to the Shoe Trees.  Cole's boots were toast so George tossed those up there.  The kids thought it was hilarious!




That was the end of our Park City trip, but there is more fun with the Kim's to come...

No comments: