December 17, 2011
Our
church ward Christmas party is always something we look forward to! We love our ward family!
 |
| Dinner: Steak, garlic shrimp, fish, fruit and corn... YUM! |
The original plan for dinner was for the Elders Quorum/Young Men to catch the fish. They set aside two Fridays to do it. Chris caught one of the three fish that night... and if they counted this one, you know it was pretty bad. :) (The other two were a baby hammerhead shark and a big 'ol three pounder awa'awa). They had better luck the following Friday, but still not enough to feed the ward.
This is what Austin ate.
And he ran to fill up his cup with punch literally 20 times.
Primary kids sang "Silent Night" in English and Hawaiian
George ended up being on the program 4 times. Ha! This number "Silver Bells" by the bishopric was the only one he was planning to be a part of. It was pretty funny.
Geo was the winner of the "get the gingerbread cookie off your forehead and eat it" contest.
One of the ladies actually got the cookie into her mouth first... but George was a quicker chewer. :)
"On the second day of Christmas, my tutu gave to me two dads with babies..."
Christmas wishes:
Lucy: Hello Kitty Sewing Machine
Elise: Gum (Bubble Tape) and a camera - in that order! :)
Austin: Candy


I helped with the decorations. For the tables, I put together lots of different nativity pictures in black frames and displayed them next to a mini Christmas tree. The primary kids also drew nativity pictures. It was kind of a cool experience for me to gather/frame all those pictures. There is a lot of beautiful nativity art. And afterwards I took down some of my decor at home and displayed those instead. It was a good reminder. (It also showed me I never need to buy another black picture frame again.) Anyway, the decorations were simple but I thought they turned out nice. I must say I am always amazed at how talented people put together those big flower arrangements.... like the fancy arrangements on the stage and the manger scene. A lot of the flowers/greenery they just get from their yards and then just make it into something fantastic.
2 comments:
Looks like a fun ward party. I love the decorations, Kimi. I thought the gingerbread game looked fun. Ward parties will probably never be the same when you are back on the mainland.
Loved the story time with all the kids on the bed. It sure brings back memories of days gone by. The pictures of the scenes of Christmas in your windowseal were great. Way to go George winning the cookie contest. Oh what fun times. It's good you have them all documented; those days leave in a hurry
Post a Comment