6 little feet

6 little feet

Sunday, December 11, 2011

La'au Kalikimaka

The day after Thanksgiving, we went to a Christmas Tree farm to choose a live Christmas tree.  This is the first time we've had a live tree in our married life, so it was kind of exciting.  We picked a Norfolk Pine (sometimes called a Star pine).



And we even stopped at Dole afterwards for a Pineapple Dole Whip... what a great trip!!!


For some reason, the looked smaller in the farm.  When we got it in the house, we (meaning me and the kids) were kind of surprised it was higher than the fan.  So it looks sort of weird.  Oh well.  Elise fell asleep on the return trip from getting the tree so she was pretty surprised to see the tree growing in our living room.  ha!  I bought some "Hawaiianish" garland - shells and starfish.  Its fun to have a bit of a change in decor.
Austin:  "Look, I'm Geo.  (long pause) 'Kimberli Tripp, come over here!'"  ha, ha!
After we decorated our tree, Elise and Lucy immediately decorated their own little mini trees with colored drawings taped on.  Pretty cute!

Elise showing our 1st day of Christmas book.  This year, I added a scripture with the book and we've modified the Advent tradition to fit our family. We light a candle every Monday and had a little lesson on the weekly virtue (is "virtue" the right word here?  not sure). Some of the scriptures correspond to the weekly subject and some are just nativity scriptures.  The kids have really enjoyed this and so have I.  I just wish SOMEONE would remember that we studied about "LOVE" last week when they fight (and cry) over who gets to light/blow out the candle or unwrap the gift.

5 comments:

Marc and Megan said...

It has clearly been WAY too long since I've checked in here... I had no idea you had added your FOURTH! I was really glad you left your comment, though, because I realized that your kids are spaced similarly close to ours and suddenly I felt a bit less overwhelmed at our situation. I just finished reading your post announcing the news of #4 and this pregnancy for us was very much the same. We were so shocked! Anyway, I'll be posting more soon about it all. But, I'll have to be better about keeping up with you... so I can take detailed notes of how you do it all! :)

Shaun-ta' said...

Ha! We had a lesson on kindness a few weeks ago and I made a jar to put pom pom balls in (warm fuzzies) every time someone did something kind for someone else. Funny how we fight about who gets to open the jar to put the fuzzies in. I am glad to hear my children aren't the only ones. Love the tree, so pretty and Hawaiian. We had a Christmas Luau for our Ward Party. I thought of you the whole time!

Cindy said...

I love the Christmas tree. It is so unique and gorgeous. How fun!

Montserrat said...

That is a gorgeous tree! I love it!

SOMETHING about Mary said...

Great tree and decorations. I am loving your advent tradion. Our book is a daily thing and it's never actually happened. But once a week for FHE - DONE!