For "mommy school", we made a Thanksgiving book. This is the "pilgrim house" page. Austin was pretty interested in gluing sticks and straw and arranging them where he wanted them to go. He also liked using the scissors... until he clipped his finger. Luckily, he had Elise to nurse him.
We was carefully laying down sticks and then all of a sudden, he grabs a pile of materials and throws it on his paper and yells out, "I'm done." and gets down. So funny.
One of Austin's favorite activities is riding his bike outside. Usually Elise accompanies him. One day, they came running in the house saying they needed helmets. We only own one, so I prepared myself to be the referee to a big fight. Nope. They found a "helmet." I'm not sure who came up with the idea, but this has been Austin's helmet the last couple months - a popped dodge ball. He loves the thing. Even washes it off when it gets dirty.
We sure love our Austin. He's generally a happy child. He's still snuggly and I love that. He loves to point out letters and numbers when he sees them random places. But he shows no desire to use the potty. At all. He loves to be read to, hit big balls with a bat, drive little cars and has a great imagination.
At the end of his birthday day, I walked in the door from the garage to find Austin cleaning up a lake of water on the kitchen floor. Me: "What in the world is going on?!?" Lucy: (very nonchalant) "Oh, Austin's just cleaning up a big spill.... ... ... He's so responsible." Ha! Well, I don't think we can quite go that far. But he is a good kid. Love you buddy!
2 comments:
Austin, we sure love you! We love your enthusiasm! You are one smart boy! We are happy we got to celebrate your 3rd birthday even if it was 2 days early. Thanks for the hugs you give me and Grandpa Tom.
Austin is getting so big! ANd he is such a handsome boy!
Post a Comment