6 little feet

6 little feet

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Music from the Movies

The theme for the K-2 Fall musical performance this year was "Music from the Movies".   We heard "Do-Re-Me", "I've Got No Strings", "Green Eggs and Ham", "Whistle While you Work", "Follow the Yellow Brick Road", "The Candy Man" (from one of Geo's favorite movies :), "Aloha Oe" "I don't want to grow up" and others.  We're always impressed at how well Mrs. Gunderman can get the kids to sing.  On the day of the show, it literally rained all day long.  The concert was at 5pm and there were puddles everywhere.  During the show, the roof started leaking between Sydnee and Lucy.  But the show must go on!  I laughed as I watched the two of them move farther and farther apart.

Afterwards they have a big family potluck in the gym (hence the spoon/pie in the first picture).
 My favorite song was "I won't grow up."  Lucy told me as she was singing that song around the house, "That's not true, mom.  I'm excited to be a grown up."  Yeah.  Its going to come quicker than I realize.  As I listened, I thought of this little note she slipped under the door a few weeks ago.


3 comments:

Liz said...

What great singing Lucy! I wish I could have been there. I love the girls posing before the program. The note is so precious! We love you all.

Cindy said...

Great program! What an opportunity to perform and learn all those fun songs.

Natalie Marie said...

So I finally just watched these videos (I read the post at work and couldn't watch the videos then)but the Candy Man pan over to Geo cracked me up, and Lu is a fantastic singer!