The first graders put on a play every year around Thanksgiving time. This time, Mrs. Olson decided to do a "gardening" play rather than the traditional Thanksgiving play because the 1st grade garden has been a big focus of their curriculum/fieldtrips this year. Lucy was thrilled she was one of the gardeners and went right to work memorizing her lines. She was lucky to have grandma Liz, grandpa Tom and uncle Jake in the audience. Great job Lucy!
 |
| Meeting the aliens |

Afterwards we had a potluck dinner for everyone. At the first of the year, I signed up to help with the Thanksgiving party so I really had an easy job.... just organize the dishes. As part of the meal, I decided to have the kids make
gratitude rolls and it turned out to be a big hit. The Friday before the party, grandma Liz and I went into the classroom and read "
Thanks for Thanksgiving" (great book!). Then the kids filled out 5 slips of paper with things they were thankful for. I baked the slips into rolls on Wednesday morning. I had to snap a pic when I found Kalanikapu's paper. :)
1 comment:
So fun to be there. Fantastic job, Lucy!
Post a Comment