
I really like Valentine's day. I think that was passed on from my grandma Marjie. However, my Valentine's decorations are very blah. I've said that for a few years, but this year I actually shopped for a few new things. Hawaii is not exactly "craft paradise" (those kind of stores are few and far between... and way overpriced) so I decided to make something instead. Then I spent way too much time searching the internet for something my talents/time could handle. I also found some red Christmas stuff to throw in here and there. Here's what I came up with (or copied :):

These pictures didn't quite turn out how I envisioned. I found the chipboard Valentine letters package on clearance for 25 cents so I tried to copy an idea from one of Elise's t-shirts. But I think it would be better if all the letters (besides the "i, heart, you") were one solid color. However, I was too lazy to care. The heart picture idea I stole from
this website. She even sent me the grid to use. Nice huh? I painted an old picture frame, slapped some hearts (the one in the bottom corner is glittery red) on the paper and wallah! However, I can't take credit for my favorite part of this arrangement: the flowers. Nice job, Geo! (He always gets me flowers a week early. :)

I remembered this idea from Kelli. This is how we decorated our windows at college. Nice and cheap, but the girls had a ball (and the window grid makes it easy).

Hey, what is the squashed red bow on the wreath doing there? Hmm... not so cute.

Here's Lucy helping me put a "countdown to kisses" thing together for George. Each day had a chocolate kiss and a note with something I like about him. I printed the cute little notes from
this website.

This little display is right inside my front door. I saw the saying on etsy and then my friend made a small version for me. I dug out our old engagement/dating/wedding photos and used one from our last anniversary. The "looking through photos" was perhaps my favorite part. Funny how I don't think I've changed THAT much since we've been married... and then I see the evidence. Ha!
3 comments:
SO cute! You have WAY too much energy and ambition:) Send some my way.....
Very cute ideas that you did! Such a fun time of year! Megan is in heaven with all the pink and hearts around!
Cute decor. My favorite is the vinyl saying. Where did you get your creativity from? Hmmmm...probably Grandma Barbara. The party looked like a blast. What a great way to get to know people. Sam Choys - my favorite restaurant of all time, especially the edible flowers. I might just show up on your doorstep tomorrow.
Post a Comment