6 little feet

6 little feet

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Love day fun

Our church ward had a Valentine's dance for the whole family on Saturday. The Elders Quorum was in charge so George assisted in some of the planning. The committee decided on "light refreshments" rather than a full meal. So we had a full salad bar and sandwiches. Ha! Cracked me up. It seems Hawaiian events include lots of great food. Never a problem with me. :) The decorations included fresh Hawaiian bouquets/greenery all over the place. Pretty fancy!
The first hour was karaoke. Good times. Here's a video clip of Lucy and her dad dancing during that part (lights were up). Notice Austin running back from the buffet line with a plate full of potato chips. That is how he and Elise spent the whole first hour.


The second half of the party was the dance. Austin and Elise loved to copy the Frost's cool moves.

And check out these moves... then notice the fresh flowers along the whole stage. Its dark, so you'll have to trust me on this, they were beautiful! This video missed the laps by Austin... down the stairs, a few wild moves and then back down the other side... repeat.


------------
Valentine's Day
Heart hair (Elise's fancy hairdo disappeared sometime during my morning shower.)

Elise tried to fix my hair up in a heart too.
Not everyone was thrilled over hairstyles.

"Its okay, buddy."

For Valentine's dinner, we have a few established traditions. One is red jello hearts. Fancy, huh? :) This time, I tried this "jeweled jello" recipe. For the main course, I either order a heart shaped pizza or try a brand new recipe. Just depends on what we have going that day. This year, the new item was macadamia nut chicken with a papaya-pineapple marmalade from Sam Choy's cookbook. It turned out pretty yummy, but I overestimated the cooking time. So we ate everything else and then the chicken. :) The rest of the menu was caesar salad and grands biscuits from the can. Ha! I had grand plans of making a fancy dessert too, but it didn't happen. I remembered we had pink sherbet in the freezer and thought that would do. But we forgot all about dessert. And we forgot about the candlelight too (but it was too light outside anyway). Whatever. We love each other. That's the point, right?

Here's my happy boy (after he successfully swiped Elise's biscuit off her plate).

A side note: During Christmas time, I rented the movie "Holiday Inn" with Bing Crosby and Fred Astaire. The plot is ... well, it doesn't have one. I think the main idea was to showcase these talented stars. Anyway, the story goes that Bing decides he's had enough of show business and opens a hotel in the country. Except its only open on holidays. So every holiday, they have a big 'ol fancy party and Bing sings or Fred dances as part of the floor show. I didn't think much of it until George told me later that he thinks that would be my ideal place of employment. Since then, I've thought of it a lot. And wouldn't that be fun?!? Who's in? :)

** Really Austin was ticked off in the pictures above because I wouldn't let him see "the boy and the bus" in the digital camera screen. I hadn't even taken the picture yet. So he threw a fit.

2 comments:

Liz said...

What a fun Valentine's weekend. I loved Lucy and Elise's matching valentine dresses. It looked like everyone had a fun time at the ward party. Great dancing! I forgot to tell Lucy great skating in the last blog. Kimi, way to make things fun. I'm in for the holiday parties. Also, we loved our valentines.

Cindy said...

Great dancing; those jello hearts were cool looking. I hope they tasted as good as they looked. Hawaiians do have the parties. I'm glad you are getting all those good ideas so you can share them when you get home. Party on!!!