*I've had this mostly done for a bit, but somehow forgot to publish it. Love our Lucy!*
We sure love our Lucy girl! She is such a good kid. We've never had to remind her to do her homework or check her grades/citizenship. This has kinda spoiled us. And George and I were pretty diligent students as well. So the rest of the kids have really thrown us for a loop, especially during quarantine time. :/ She's pretty self motivated and kinda gets annoyed if I try to interfere in her goals - for example how long I think she should practice the piano. :) She improved dramatically in her tennis skills and piano playing abilities, particularly in the first half of the year. That has been a fun thing to watch. Lucy is a daddy's girl. She and her dad are great buddies and have lots of good conversations and play "smart" games. I think they genuinely like talking about the crazy questions on the ACT and the things she is learning in Chemistry (her current favorite class) and things that don't make sense in the world. She's a deep thinker and asks good questions. I think she is a bit of an "old soul" - she really likes to talk with her aunts and uncles and to be part of the adult crowd. Lucy is kind and quite patient. But if anyone can push her to the edge, it is hands down Elise and Erik is second. One of my favorite things during quarantine was watching her play more with her siblings, especially Clara. Lucy hates "bothering" people (gets nervous to talk to people), but that is improving. She's a great helper and has saved my bacon lots of times. She has amazing friends (so grateful for that) and awesome church leaders who love her. As a newbie parent of teenagers, I am coming to understand more and more how important both of those things are. We sure love her!lots of ping pong during quarantine - now she has her own paddle!
My favorite food is: ice cream
My favorite sport is: tennis
The best show on TV/movie is: Pirates of the Caribbean
The coolest person in the world is: Dad
My best subject in school is: Math
I’m really awesome at: Math
If I could change my name, it would be: Laney
My favorite color is: red or yellow
When I grow up I want to be: something with math/computers
My parents are too strict about: quarantine
My favorite song is: We're going to be friends
My favorite book is: Sherlock Holmes
When we stop for a treat, I get this: ice cream
4 words that describe me are: smart, quiet,
When I was little, I used to: want to be a ballerina
My favorite scripture story is: Joseph in Egypt
My favorite primary/church song is: Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing
My favorite game is: nerts
My favorite season is: spring
The best snack ever is: poptarts and chexmix
My favorite superhero is: batman
The food that makes me want to barf is: crab
The car I would love to drive when I turn 16 is: a slug bug
My best friends are: olivia, ryann, addie
The cutest girl/boy I know is: clara
The most memorable day this year was: Taking state in tennis but that didn't happen before my birthday so idk if that counts
If I had one wish it would be: Corona to be cured
The best thing that has happened to me this year is: taking state in tennis
One thing I want to learn to do this year is: braid hair
The thing that scares me the most is: creepy movies
One thing I need to work on is: staying patient
If I could go anywhere it would be: sweeden
The most important lesson I’ve learned this year is: love your family
If I could meet one person from history it would be: moroni
This year we dropped Lucy and her friends at the Layton Mall area to shop and George and I left and ate sushi. That is certainly different! Our girl is growing up. I am grateful she is such a great kid and is a good friend for me to hang out with. Recently, George asked us at the dinner table if we felt like it was a long time ago that we went on a Disney Cruise. And I said no. He said that was 2.5 years ago and that's how long it would be until Lucy left us. I cried and cried. And then he cried. And I still tear up when I think of the story.
Ok... back on track. We picked up the girls from shopping and then they watched Pirates of the Caribbean in our backyard. They are such a fun group!
2. What is your favorite toy? a book
4. What do you like to do with your family? play games
5. What is your favorite outfit? sweats and a sweatshirt
7. What is your favorite snack or fruit? peaches
8. What is your favorite animal? parrots
12. What makes you happy? sleeping
13. What makes you sad? the alarm clock
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside? play tennis
15. What is your favorite drink? horchata
16. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? my pillow
18. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? crepes
19. What do you want for dinner on your birthday? ravioli
BONUS:
1. What is your happiest memory? taking state tennis
2. Why do you like being a kid?
4. What advice would you give your parents?
5. If you could be any animal, which one would you be and why? a parrot so I can fly
6. What is your favorite thing to do with your friends? just talk
7. What was the nicest thing you did for someone? Just being someone they can come to to talk to
8. What do you think you will be doing 10 years from now? sitting on the couch
9. What would be the ideal allowance? Tell me how you would use it. $20 a day ;) I'd save it
10. What are your talents? fast thinker, good at tennis, good listener
11. Who is your scripture hero? Moroni
12. What do you like to do with dad? talk to him
13. What do you like to do with mom? make cookies
HAPPY 15th LUCY!!!











No comments:
Post a Comment