6 little feet

6 little feet

Monday, June 1, 2020

Erik is 7!

Happy 7th Birthday to Erik, our Pokemon loving boy!

Erik requested a yellow cake this year.  And it got me thinking...since the kid is Pokemon obsessed, let's put a pokemon surprise inside.  The girls helped me pull off the surprise part and I must say it was pretty fun to see his excited face as he cut into it!


He requested to sit by his grandmas at our family party. :)

My favorite food is: peach pie
My favorite sport is: football
The best show on TV/movie is:  Pokemon Sun and Moon
The coolest person in the world is: Mom!
My best subject in school is: lunch
I’m really awesome at:  doing stuff with my hands - like climbing, wiggling my tooth
If I could change my name, it would be: Erikop
My favorite color is:  black and red
When I grow up I want to be: a zookeeper
My parents are too strict about:  not watching bad videos that swear, computer time
My favorite song is:  I'm Still Standing
My favorite book is:  Pokemon handbook Sun and Moon
When we stop for a treat, I get this:  Ice cream!!!
4 words that describe me are: smart, brave, fun, funny
When I was little, I used to:  pick my nose (and I still do!)
My favorite scripture story is:  Samuel the Lamenite
My favorite primary/church song is:  I am a Child of God
My favorite game is:  The game me and Cole and Austin always play in the yard - its personal
My favorite season is: winter because I like sledding and snowball fights
The best snack ever is:  cheetos
My favorite superhero is:  Iron Man
The food that makes me want to barf is:  zucchini  
The car I would love to drive when I turn 16 is:  a big rig!
My best friends are: Tate, Asher, Chase, Gwen, Halle
The cutest girl/boy I know is: Gwen
The most memorable day this year was:  Legoland at our house!
If I had one wish it would be: that pokemon were real
The best thing that has happened to me this year is:  going back to school
One thing I want to learn to do this year is:  times tables
The thing that scares me the most is:  being alone
One thing I need to work on is:  writing - handwriting and writing stories
If I could go anywhere it would be:  Disneyworld
The most important lesson I’ve learned this year is:  If you fight, you'll probably get fought back  
If I could meet one person from history it would be:   George Washington


Breakfast request of clouds :)







2. What is your favorite toy? pokemon action figures
4. What do you like to do with your family?  play 
5. What is your favorite outfit?  Pj's!  (wears every single day.  I think this is one of his favorite things about corona quarantine)
7. What is your favorite snack or fruit? chips
8. What is your favorite animal? gorilla (no question!)
9. What is your favorite song? Thunder!
10. What is your favorite book?   Magic Treehouse, Dog Man, Dragon Masters
12. What makes you happy? playing with my brothers
13. What makes you sad?  when Elise is being mean to me
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside?  go on the swing
15. What is your favorite drink? soda - sprite
16. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night?  books
18. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? clouds!  I love those!
19. What do you want for dinner on your birthday? peach pie and mac and cheese

BONUS:
1. What is your happiest memory?  our trip to Las Vegas because I like the swimming
2. Why do you like being a kid? because I can run fast!
4. What advice would you give your parents? go running
5. If you could be any animal, which one would you be and why?  gorilla because they are strong
6. What is your favorite thing to do with your friends?  play video games
7. What was the nicest thing you did for someone?  help them up when they fall
8. What do you think you will be doing 10 years from now? doing backflips and front flips
9. What would be the ideal allowance? Tell me how you would use it. $1000 million and I would spend it ALL on pokemon cards 
10.  What are your talents?  front flips on tramps, running, 
11.  Who is your scripture hero? Gideon because he protected Alma
12.  What do you like to do with dad?  tackle him
13.  What do you like to do with your mom?  play board games

Erik lost his front tooth right before his big day, which made his pictures look extra cute!  :)  He was happy to spend the day in his Charmander Pj's, playing with his new pokemon cards (those things were two of his favorite presents for sure!), and watching a pokemon show.  Are we catching a theme here?  This kid plays pokemon with his brothers on the daily.  He has worn through several pokemon handbooks - we had to buy the libraries copy when he left it outside in the rain - and bought another with his own money.  They are well loved for sure.  They don't play with the cards as much as they play a "live" version.  I don't really get it, but they chase each other around the yard and have a great time.  He loves his Pikachu Pj's and created a Pikachu valentine box.  One of his favorite activities is finding pokemon pictures on the internet, coloring them, and covering his closet in the pictures.  He actually enjoys coloring and is pretty good at it (very different from his brothers).

Erik is our crazy kid.  And usually in a good way.  He's the one who can always make us laugh, pulls the best faces, is spontaneously funny, and is always ready for a good dance party.  When he wakes up, he lays on the floor or the kitchen table for a while.  And likes it even better when I stop to rub his back.  He is a little bit of a rascal and finds ways to be in trouble, but he's usually honest about what he's done.  I think that's a good thing, but not positive?  He likes school, has lots of friends, and his teacher always comments that he comes to school with a smile on his face.  He even won the best smile award for his class.  :)  He also likes to take days off school and says he needs to spend more time with me.  Erik loves to sleep in the boys' room in the basement and read in bed with Austin.  (Cole goes straight to sleep.)  We make him sleep upstairs on school nights, but that is definitely NOT his top choice.  He'd much rather share a bedroom.  He likes candy and hates to brush his teeth (that is something he does lie about!)  Erik is athletic and likes to throw a ball around.  He taught himself how to ride a bike and likes the dirt bike park thing across from our house.  He loves to sing and is actually on tune (also something different from his brothers :)  He bursts out in song regularly.  For example, Me:  Go grab your coat.  Erik:  "I wore my coat.  With golden lining." (from Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat)  Its pretty amazing how many songs he knows and how loud he belts them out!

  We sure love our Pokemon boy!  Happy birthday Erik!

No comments: