6 little feet

6 little feet

Thursday, November 30, 2017

November randoms



Halloween party was Nov 1 at school this year...strange!
But we had a great time with Don't Eat Pete!

**old post never published **
Elise:  I mean, sometimes I say you are the best dad ever and sometimes I don't think that anymore.  But NO ONE can argue that you are great cooking chicken.  I mean, no one could ever disagree?

{at the dinner table}
Austin:  I'm getting better at my 4 times tables.  Want to give me some?
(I do and then Cole pipes in)
Cole:  And he taught me some.  Want to give me some 3 times tables?
Mom:  ok.  3x2
Cole: 6
Mom:  3x6
ERIK:  18!
(crickets.  And then we all burst out laughing.  He jumped right on it too!  I'm not sure that he knows more than that, but man!  Not bad, Erik!)

{I'm in the bathroom doing Clara's hair.}
Erik:  I accidentally let go of all your balloons.  And they landed on the tall tall ceiling.  The big ceiling.  I love you, mama.  Happy Birthday! (with a big 'ol hug.  I mean, how can you get mad at that?  I feel like its the first time he's been legitimately sorry in his whole life)

Mom:  Clara, why are you being such a crabby pants?
Clara:  (lifts up her princess dress and then grumpily says)  Hey!  I'm not wearing pants!!!

George was telling the story about when church was canceled when we were newlyweds in Omaha....
George:  "...and then it snowed so much that school was canceled the next day!  We were all so excited, especially mom."
Lucy:  "Why mom?  Oh, cuz elementary school was canceled?"
Me:  No.  All the colleges were closed too.
Lucy:  Why did you care about that?
Me:  Because I was teaching at a college.  That meant I didn't have to go to work.
Lucy:  What?  You taught at a college???  I thought you had to be really smart to do that.
hahaha!  Nothing like having kids to give you some humility.  And to seal the deal, an hour later...
Austin:  Wow, mom.  I mean, your belly has sure grown lately.  (with a good loving pat.) *sigh*

Erik runs into the living room with a bow and arrow and his mean face.
Me:  What are you doing?!?
Erik:  I'm going to shoot Satan.  (and he lets an arrow fly)  And.  It's not that easy.
Me:  (hoping Satan isn't in my house!)  Maybe you should check the basement?
Erik:  No, Satan would not be there.   Hey (and he turns), maybe it's you?

Someone:  Cole, you're so weird!
Cole:  dabs  "No.  I'm cool." Dab.  "And I can do it fast too."  Keeps dabbing faster and faster.

(love this quote)
"Look for yourself and you will find loneliness and despair. But look for Christ and you will find Him and everything else." CS Lewis

Activity Day party for Elise







Library Story time :)

Young Women in Excellence for these 3 cuties!
the dog helpers!

Dog party for the grandsons (put on by Grandma Cindy)
...lots of fun!




lots of cool preschool crafts for Erik



gumdrop temple
(made at Scouts)

celebrating my birthday and Natalie's!
lots of facepainting around here




just another day in the life :)


40th birthday party hosted by my friend Melissa



What great friends! <3 td="">
Austin's pinewood derby...he was SOOOOoooo excited!
(sadly, his car didn't win a race...learning experience)



No comments: